Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Working in a man's world.....

I happen to be a woman who works on a man's world.  A little cliche, but very true.  The group of us consist of 13 diesel mechanics, 2 welders, a gopher (he literally does anything the boss asks), and me.  It's quite the cast of characters.  And each one has their own nickname.  I may have to start a "Cast of Characters" to keep them all straight.

Some of my guys I get along great with.  Some...not so much.  I'm sure I'll get into detail in later posts.

I love my job.  I do.  Honestly.  Most of the time, anyway.  Usually when I can actually -do- my job.  I do everyone else's job most of the day.  Right now it's quieter, being summer.  So I'm pretty much caught up on almost everything I need to get done.

And I'm at work now.  Punched in 15 minutes ago and I'm sitting in the breakroom, blogging, listening to The Giant talk about the Presidential elections.  I'm not really paying attention.  I normally don't.  But it's time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment