I'd like to think that the older I get the more mature I become. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think I'm definitely becoming more domesticated. Okay, so I didn't cook dinner. BIG DEAL! Who says you have to cook dinner every night to be domesticated? Exactly. No one!
The bed is made. The house is clean. The cats are fed. Laundry is in the wash. That's a lot. For me anyway. I procrastinate. Always have. I'm hoping to change that now that I'm getting older. I've impressed both my parents, and that is a beginning.
I'm still trying to decide which way this blog is going. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I mean, Texas started a blog and he already knows what he wants his to be about or, at the very least, the writing style he's planning on using. This is my little piece of uncontrolled chaos, I guess. I'm not that quick to make decisions about things like this. At work, I'm much more organized, almost to the point of being OCD about things. At home...not so much.
Anyway, it is, without a doubt, time for a change in my life. And it's coming. Texas will be moving up here in...dun, dun, duuuun...51 days! I'll finally him here to share my life with after all this time alone. And that's huge! It's exhilarating and, dare I say, scary as hell. But it will be good for both of us in many different ways. We're good for each other, and so far, good together. Here's hoping that things don't change once he gets home.
The thing about Texas that's so amazing is how supportive he is. About everything. Even my need to diet when he thinks I'm perfect the way I am. See...I'm the "Fat Kid." And even if I'm not, I'm always going to think that I am, regardless of whatever anyone else says. That's how it has always been for as long as I can remember. Like many American women, I have an issue with my body image. To put it simply...I am not in love with my body. I can't say I hate it, but I can certainly say that I feel uncomfortable as hell in my own skin. And that's a big thing for me to admit. But that's how it is. Fortunately, Texas is slowly breaking me of this negative image I have of myself. And he's doing it by reminding me daily how beautiful and gorgeous I am. Even when I don't see it. That is one of the many things I love about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment