This weekend was pretty normal, for the most part.
I had purchased a new pub table a few weeks back and, after having to wait 3 weeks, it was finally delivered on Saturday. I absolutely love it!
![]() |
| The new Pub Table |
I typically visit my parents on Saturdays, but had to stay home because of the delivery. Instead, my mother came over while I waited. This way, she was able to see the pub set and we got to have some mother/daughter time.
My mother wanted to try on a couple of my dresses, since she has a wedding to go to next weekend. I never would have imagined my mom coming to me for a dress. I grew up a tomboy and whenever I had to dress up, I had to run to mom. So, the role reversal was a little odd, but in a wonderful way.
We also discussed Texas. I'm so excited to have him move here, and a little nervous, which I touched on previously. But I want to do this right. So mom and I talked about some things I was worrying about, mainly finances. I don't want mine to change, I want to continue being comfortable. And I want us to not have to live paycheck to paycheck. I don't and I don't want to.
My mother ended up leaving around 1:00 and I tried to catch up on some of my shows. Texas called later on that evening, but I didn't have an opportunity to speak to him. My mom returned, with my dad, to bring back my dresses, she opted to wear one of her own, and so that my dad could see the new pub set. I think mom also wanted dad to see my apartment, quite possibly because it was freshly cleaned...and I mean spotless. I think she might have been a bit jealous.
![]() |
| Girly nails |
I'm thinking of going to the movies now maybe once a week. So long as there's something I want to see playing.


No comments:
Post a Comment